Ishmael Beah

Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Breakin' It Up

Throughout my school years, I have had fourteen different spring break opportunities. Out of those, I have taken a trip to Florida eight times. This past one, unfortunately, I did not get a chance to go out of state, but had to spend the week in the small town of Fairland, Indiana. Though while planning my spring break I was totally bummed, after the week was over, I realized that it was not quite as bad as I thought that I would be.
One interesting thing that I did last week was visit with my friends that I had not seen for nearly four months. We went out to dinner at Santa Fe Steakhouse and then went kareokeing. I must say that we had a wonderful time!! My friend Whitney goes to Georgetown, Kentucky, where she has been living for the school year. I admit that I have missed her tremendously and was thrilled to spend the evening with her. My boyfriend Brad and I, Whitney and her boyfriend Doug, and my friend Brookley all had a wonderful time just catching up and reliving old times. We already began making plans for the summer! I am definitely counting down the days until summer vacation! I cannot wait. It is really surprising how much you miss someone you haven't seen in forever.

1 comment:

Trice tha Beast said...

Wow i see you like to travel....Florida 8 times????...I think you should make a location change....lol