CATEGORY
ACRES
FOOD
5.7
MOBILITY
1
SHELTER
5.7
GOODS/SERVICES
5.9
TOTAL FOOTPRINT
18
IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON. WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 4.1 PLANETS.
Personally, I do not think that it is fair that Americans use more than their share of our natural resources. Overall though, I do not feel that is entirely our fault. Our way of life is almost impossible to change now, after living this way for so many years. Yes, I do agree that buying recycled containers and going “Green” will help us in the long-run, I feel that it is being a bit ridiculous to think that people will be able to change their ways of life over night. I must mention though, that a lot of people do live very selfishly and do not even care about the well-being of others. Those people I feel, are the ones that are ruining it for everyone else. Since I still live with my parents, I honestly have little control over what I use.
I do feel that since we are spending a lot of the energy, we are responsible for making up for it. We are doing our part though, and researching ulterior sources of food and gasoline, so this is a start. I think that we should put more funding into this area though, so that we find better and more efficient means of doing things soon, because global warming is a threat.

3 comments:
your blog is awesomeness!^^
I agree that, people cant change things over night, specially when its fir a cause that can;t be handled by an individual. Its wasy to say some thing like 'go green', then to implement in this world!
Well I do think americans take way more then their share of food but I guess we really just feel superior and since we have all this food lets just keep is how alot of people feel.
Post a Comment